Quick Links to Posts By Category

,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Life, Not Life, Life, Not Life...

During the Senate Judiciary Committee's Alito nomination hearing, Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) asked a poignant question (emphasis added):
If I'm driving a car today and I hit a pregnant woman who has a 36-, 37-week fetus, and the woman survives and the fetus dies, I can be held accountable for the death of that fetus. And by law we value that as a life -- unborn but a life.

If I say -- I'm the pregnant woman -- I want to terminate that fetus at 37 weeks, there's nothing in this country today that keeps me from doing that, even though on one side of the law we say it's a life.

How did we get there to where it's not life or it is a life? Tell me. Can somebody logically explain that to the American people that how, if I kill it, it was a life, but if I choose to take it voluntarily, it's not a life?
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 

MOB Logo

Powered by Blogger