Quick Links to Posts By Category

,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Even Heroes Get Tired...

...but they don't give up.

Lieutenant Colonel Joe Repya recently [correction: as a commenter pointed out, the piece originally ran in November 2005 and is apparently being re-circulated now] expressed his frustration regarding the lack of public support for the efforts of the US Military in Iraq. Given the recent statements by "Dingy Harry", the Democrats in congress playing politics with the war funding, and the liberal cheerleaders in the mainstream media doing all they can to undermine the President and the war effort, it's understandable why this veteran of two wars is frustrated.

The Lieutenant Colonel starts out his piece with this:
“I’m Tired”

Two weeks ago, as I was starting my sixth month of duty in Iraq, I was forced to return to the USA for surgery for an injury I sustained prior to my deployment. With luck, I’ll return to Iraq to finish my tour. I left Baghdad and a war that has every indication that we are winning, to return to a demoralized country much like the one I returned to in 1971 after my tour in Vietnam. Maybe it’s because I’ll turn 60 years old in just four months, but I’m tired.
A few examples of things he is tired of:
I’m tired of spineless politicians, both Democrat and Republican who lack the courage, fortitude, and character to see these difficult tasks through.

I’m tired of the hypocrisy of politicians who want to rewrite history when the going gets tough.

I’m tired of the disingenuous clamor from those that claim they "Support the Troops" by wanting them to "Cut and Run" before victory is achieved.

I’m tired of the so called "Elite Left" that prolongs this war by giving aid and comfort to our enemy, just as they did during the Vietnam War.

Mostly, I’m tired that the people of this great nation didn’t learn from history that there is no substitute for Victory.

Repya's piece highlights the danger posed by a biased mainstream media, liberal politicians, and a largely uninformed and/or complacent population in the effort of this country to maintain its liberty and security. He also understands the magnitude of the threat this country is facing from outside our borders as well as the internal threat, intended or not, posed by liberal politicians and their supporters.

An interesting note about Lt. Col. Repya: he is challenging incumbent Ron Carey for the chairmanship of the Republican Party of Minnesota.

I sincerely thank Lt. Col. Repya for his service to our country and whole-heartedly support him in his effort to become the chair of the Republican Party of Minnesota, a position where his "no substitute for victory" attitude along with the spine and discipline to carry through on the mission is sorely needed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He didn't write this "recently"--
but in November 2005.

4/29/2007 10:46 AM  
Blogger Right Hook said...

Thanks for the clarification-I will make the change.

The post appears to be popular in re-run, probably because of Repya's bid for the chairmanship, not to mention events in the recent news. It is going around via e-mail to Conservative/Repulbican types which is where I found it.

Thanks again, and thanks for checking out our blog.

4/29/2007 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 

MOB Logo

Powered by Blogger